Thursday, March 17, 2016

Foiling Your Dies

.
 
I entered this card in the Gina K Design Stamp TV challenge and have had a few questions on how I add the foil to my embossed die image, so I'm happy to try and help.

To start off you need a laser printer.  I was lucky enough to pick one up on black Friday that scans and prints, it only prints black ink so it was fairly cheap. Place your  dies on your scanner flatbed in the configuration you want them on your card.  So mine was the large rectangle outside and the label die in the center of it (I lay them flat side down) then copy.  I usually copy first onto copy paper to make sure I line them up correctly, if happy print onto card stock.


This photo is not from this card it's from one I did yesterday but it gives you the ideal of how I did it.  Next I take the card stock with the printed die on it and cut it down to the size card or card front that I want. Such as a 11 x 4.75 when folded your card would be 4.75 x 5.5.  Now comes the fun part, select your foil and cut down to cover the copy of the die and place with shiny side up and run through your foiling machine.


I then took my dies and laid them over my foiled image and embossed them. You should now be ready to decorate your card.

Supplies used:

Gina K Designs Sending Sunshine (retired set)
Sentiment GKD Hello Sunshine
GKD Pure Luxury Cardstock
Spellbinders Matting Basics A second to largest
Spellbinders Label 28
Spectrum Noir CG2, CG4, CT4, CR1
Yellow Sitckles for center

I hope this helps, it really is an easy technique that I think adds a touch of elegance to any card.  I hope you have a fabulous day and happy crafting!!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Great use of foil. Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete