Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Foiling Your SpellBinders

 
     Okay I am going to show you how I foiled my spellbinder and embossed it without cutting. I started out scanning or copying my Spellbinder die and printed it out.  You do need a laser printer for the foiling to work.  A little tip print one out on copy paper first to make sure you have the correct placement. If it looks good print onto cardstock and save your copy paper one as a template for your next one.
 
Next cut down your cardstock to a 4.25 x 10 and fold in half. Now we're going to foil and emboss our die.
When I emboss I tape down the die over top the foiled image.
 
My sandwich using the Grand Calibur is base plate, embossing mat, cardstock with foiled image up, lay the die over top the foiled and tape it down so it doesn't shift then add the embossing plate and run thru your machine.
 
Next I took my pattern paper and using the same die I cut out the shape and kept the outer piece.
Attach to card and cut excess paper off.  Now your embossed foiling shows thru with the pattern paper being on the outside of the embossed foiled image.  Decorate center as you want. 
If you have any questions just leave me a comment and I will try to help.


1 comment:

  1. Cindy, this card is beautiful! And your tutorial is very easy to understand. The foiling is the perfect accent here.

    ReplyDelete